Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Nana's Banana Bread

Crafty Girl here--- I've had a real sweet tooth for the past week or so. It's probably because I'm trying to shed my winter weight and I'm staying away from the sweets! Yesterday was a snow day for the kids- and instead of trudging to the gym for a work out--- you guessed it--- I baked! LOL Listen, the kids were couped up inside! I had to do something!! hehe So, here's a recipe I can't take credit for- it's actually from a card I got at the grocery store. The only thing I did different was substitute some white chocolate chips for the walnuts it called for! I figured- if I was going there, I'd go all the way!

Ingredients:
5 tbs butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup mashed, very ripe bananas
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup heavy cream (I used 2% milk)
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (I used white chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom of 9 x 5 x3 inch pan with nonstick spray. Beat butter till fluffy. Add sugar and brown sugar. Beat well. Add egg and egg whites and vanilla. Beat till well blended. Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder in a medium bowl then alternate adding the flour mix and milk into the mixture. Pour batter into the pan and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes. Use a toothpick to test it. Leave in pan for 15 minutes then transfer on to a rack for cooling!

ENJOY! Crafty Girl

1 comment:

Hearing from you makes us so happy! Please leave us a kind word.